Loading...

I HATE REVERBNATION... BUT ITS VERY USEFUL

A+ A-






When I first discovered Reverbnation.com 3 years ago, I thought it was a nice platform to promote a client's music. I thought "Hey I can upload pics, music, videos". Reverbnation has been the best true music social media network. Though, it has it's faults here's why if used right, Reverbnation can change an artist's career!   


By now you must be confused by the title of this article and ask yourself how can I hate something this cool? Over those years I began noticing that I stopped by the site less and less. Here are few reasons why I stopped updating my reverb account:





  • Confusing Home Page
  • Navigation is to jumbled
  • Not Good for network in real time
  • So many inactive accounts 
  • Nobody checks their inboxes
  • Too many gadgets
  • Media player has errors when you embed into personal blog
  • Facebook and twitter makes it waaay easier to network live with others 




Realizing the things I hate about reverbnation have just made me change-up how I use it. There are still some great features that are very useful for independent artists. Reverbnation has 1 of the largest and most detailed list of musicians, DJ's, venues, and opportunities all around the world. I choose to use it as my own personal Roledex.  








The artist list was essential in constructing my 1st regional tour last year. Reverb has a powerful local database that allows you to search by city, by country, and genre. 


I was able to network with like-minded artists in nearby cities simply by making a targeted search. Then I reached out to all of them 1 by 1 on other sites like facebook and twitter.











That's just 1 movement you can launch using Reverbnation. There's also a Gig Finder that has a full list of local venues anywhere in the world you wanna rock! Again it's best to reach out to venue owners off of the site: phone, email, fb, or twitter. -Carl Jones



















reverbnation 5672920827798143392
Home item

$7.99 BOOK DOWNLOAD

$10 EMAIL LIST DOWNLOAD

Popular Posts